Elder Care in today’s world takes on many different forms like telehealth and traditional hands-on care. It takes many organizations to meet the needs of the elderly and each of them likely has a goal of providing quality care.
Pine Haven’s mission statement also notes we provide quality care. However, it goes well beyond that, adding that we will provide an environment that is Christ-centered. That is a significant difference.
Some years back, I asked members of our Board of Directors what difference it makes that we are Pine Haven CHRISTIAN Home? Then recently, as Pine Haven’s Board and Leadership Team worked through a strategic planning process, I reflected on those comments. In a time of rapid and significant change in the senior care industry, it is good for one to understand our Christian roots, and our foundation, and ensure that we build upon that.
Here are some excerpts from the Board’s responses on what it means to be a CHRISTIAN home.
- It is just as important to care for the “heart and soul” as it is to care for the body.
- It is caring about people that sets us apart.
- As Christians, our mission is to serve others, not ourselves, and doing so brings satisfaction and peace.
- We are the hands of Christ caring for our residents
- By exemplifying Christian love, we believe those we serve will feel a deep commitment filled with kindness, patience, and compassion.
In a world that so badly needs Christ’s love, I hope we can all agree that it is critically important to have a CHRISTIAN home serving the elderly.
--Ron Walvoort, Chief Executive Officer